By Tom Ffiske
VR/AR and metaverse analysis every Wednesday and Sunday // 11 May 2022
What is hummus, if not chickpeas persevering?
Epic Games & Partners
WPP and Epic Games partner to help deliver digital experiences.
- In return for expertise in immersive technologies, WPP agencies use Epic Games tools and services: “The partnership will include a new training programme to upskill thousands of WPP creatives and technologists on how to create custom brand experiences in Fortnite, and how to use Unreal Engine for real-time 3D creation and virtual production.”
- One of the best partnership announcements this year. Epic Games embeds its products and services with some of the best agencies in the world, while WPP can confidently deliver clients services that closely ties with the future of the metaverse.
Microsoft may outline more details on its metaverse vision on 24 May.
- We know it will focus on the industrial metaverse, and that IoT and digital twins will play a combined role in its stack. We also know that the company believes there will be multiple metaverses, but put no labels on them.
- The upcoming Build event will likely add more meat to the bones, where the company will define its vision further.
Supported by Zesty
With Zesty, you can advertise your brand or product to a monthly audience of over 450,000 metaverse users while they’re in an immersive experience. Click to learn more.
Got a story? Let me know at tom (at) immersivewire (dot) com.
- Brunel University is running the Research Festival Open Day, showcasing immersive technologies.
- As a side note, I always want to show off works from university and support students; if that’s you, or know someone, please connect me!
- Final Fantasy 14 creator does not think the metaverse is ‘entertainment.’
- Basically, his line focuses on why people even want to copy real life in any way, when people can just play games. Fair.
- IMX 2022, a conference on interactive media experiences, will happen in Portugal in mid-June.
- NVIDIA unveiled 16 research papers on immersive technologies at SIGGRAPH.
- Seoul unveiled their five-year plan for the metaverse, called ‘metaverse Seoul.‘
- University of Portsmouth’s new £7 million Centre for Creative and Immersive Extended Reality is now open.
- Virtuleap partners with Roche to pilot its VR cognitive solution to tackle Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- XR Stories’ Climate Change Challenge will award £25,000 each to three SMEs, based in Yorkshire and the Humber.
Subscribe to the Immersive Wire newsletter
Level up your knowledge of VR, AR, and the metaverse with rigorous and high-quality analysis, to gain a competitive advantage against your peers. By subscribing, you also receive a free PDF copy of the Immersive Reality Revolution, a bestselling book on the industry.
Curated by Tom Ffiske every Wednesday and Sunday, and enjoyed by 4,400 professionals.
Editor, Immersive Wire
Tom Ffiske is the Editor of the Immersive Wire, a twice-weekly newsletter on the immersive industry.