Refreshing to team up with someone so knowledgeable of UK immersive, so adaptable and such a good writer. Would do so again in a heartbeat.
– Alex Winterbotham, Immersive Producer
Hi, I’m Tom. I’m here to help your company realize the potential of emerging technologies in VR, AR and MR.
With years of industry experience a best-selling book and many industry connections I can help lift your revenue projections with my bespoke consultancy services. From PR and marketing to general strategy, I can provide value to your business each and every day.
Get leading insights on how to help your business embrace immersive technologies.
Strategic PR/Comms professional, with half a decade of experience servicing some of the world’s biggest technology brands.
Get leading insights from one of the foremost experts in immersive technologies in the UK.
- PR professional that has worked with Zappar, Oracle, BT, Western Digital, and many others;
- Member of the BIMA Immersive Council as of 2020;
- Speaker at the VR/AR Association Global Summit 2020;
- Runs Virtual Perceptions, the leading UK-based website on immersive technologies;
- Regularly asked to attend press briefings on upcoming tech in the sector;
- Insights appeared in the BBC, Times, Tortoise, and IBC365;
- Writes long-form articles predicting future advances, such as AR glasses and the metaverse.
Thomas was a fantastic addition to the London Film Festival 2020 team at DDA… He was hugely knowledgeable, well-versed in the latest industry developments and supported the team in building an impactful PR strategy.
– Hannah Tatum, Senior Publicist (LFF) at Premier Comms
Recent work history
Freelance PR and Communications Manager (September 2019 – Present)
- Freelance PR and Communications Manager for Zappar. Roles include SEO writing to rank for key terms, and press official to help build the reputation of the company. Exceeded expectations, with 20+ pieces of high-quality coverage in October 2020;
- VR specialist that helped DDA, a PR agency, with the publicity of the London Film Festival’s first ever XR strand. Exceeded expectations with more than 50% higher than expected attendee numbers;
- Other pieces of work for companies, including StoryFutures, UKRI, Virtual Umbrella, and OneBonsai.
Virtual Perceptions / Immersive Wire Editor (June 2016 – Present)
- Five years’ experience covering and analysing VR and AR industries via Virtual Perceptions. The website is read by 7,000 VR/AR professionals each month;
- Spoke at the Global VR/AR Association Summit and Games for Change, both on the ethics of immersive;
- Published the Immersive Reality Revolution, a number one bestseller on Amazon (Virtual Reality category);
- 3,100 subscribers on my Immersive Wire newsletter (up from 300 in March 2020), which reaches solely VR and AR professionals;
- Organised webinars that led to additional work;
- Thoughts have appeared in the BBC, Times, IBC365, and Tortoise;
- Invited to press events hosted by Huawei, HP, HTC, Facebook, and many more;
- Relationships with many key members of the immersive community.
Let Tom Ffiske know your scope-of-work, and he will outline the support he can give.
Click below to email, or contact at tom (at) virtualperceptions (dot) com.